Thursday, May 31, 2018

memorial day weekend

I always love Memorial Day weekend. It's such a good time to reflect, spend time with family, and bring in summer while celebrating America.
This year was great! Our Bolder Boulder run wasn't the greatest, but we had a good time and that's what matters--right? (I tell myself as I dread my official time coming in the mail).
 On Saturday we headed to Cherry Creek State Park. The swim beach wasn't supposed to be open yet, but we figured we could still explore the water. Turns out the beach was open early, and we're so glad we threw in our swim suits, especially since it was a scorching day!
 Tessa tolerated everything. She was ok if we held her in the water, but she didn't love sitting on the sand.
 Rhett's favorite thing was building a sand castle. He said "This is the coolest thing I've ever done in my life!" He kept adding to it all day and didn't want to leave when it was time to go.
Monday was the Bolder Boulder. It was the perfect running weather. Andre was a champ and went slow with me after I started feeling super sick a mile in. And I injured my foot somehow and have been hobbling for days. But it was still super fun and good to show the kids that we can do things that are hard.
We spent the rest of the day with family enjoying games and a BBQ. A great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...