Tuesday, November 28, 2017

thanksgiving 2017

The kids and I trekked across the country for Thanksgiving this year, and it was totally worth the hour Tessa spent screaming on the flight out. We had every member of the Treasure clan except Andre and my parents. Craziness, but so fun. Rhett was in heaven with all the cousins to play with, Tessa loved seeing so many new faces, and I just loved the family time. I only wish Andre could have come with us (darn work) and we could have stayed longer!

My phone died the night before we came back (which made for a stressful morning at 4am with a dead phone and a cranky baby), so I lost most of my pictures and was only able to salvage a few. So here are the limited highlights:

 Chess club! Rhett loved visiting his cousins at the elementary school and was amazed that their school has a library inside of it. Chess club was a hoot, especially watching Rachel "teach" it to Rhett--apparently they tied.
 Capitol cousins! We trekked downtown and braved parallel parking to visit the Air and Space Museum. Rhett was scared of the big planes, but then he held hands and loved it. His favorite thing was the "Death Star"--that's what you get when you hang out with older, Star Wars-loving cousins.
 A trip to Good Stuff for a toasted marshmallow shake, obviously. Still the best after all these years.
Tessa's first Turkey Trot! Rhett and I ended up taking a leisurely walk for the kids' fun run, but he was the fastest four year old, so it was still a hit.
Thanksgiving kids table. So much fun to have all the cousins together!

We have so much to be thankful for this year, and this trip was just the icing on the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...