Tuesday, August 2, 2016

craziest week of the year

We've known for a while that the last week of July was going to be killer, but then things just kept getting added to the calendar and we knew we were in for a doozy. Oh, and did I mention it was one of the busiest weeks at work for me? The week was crazy, but boy, was it a good one!

Monday was Rhett's birthday, so after swim lessons we head to the downtown children's museum for some fun and an impromptu trolley ride. One of the conductors sang Rhett a happy birthday song in German, and he was utterly confused. We had a little Thomas cupcake and some presents and called it a night!
Riding the trolley. "Just like Daniel Tiger!"
Tuesday and Wednesday were the Bar (dun dun dun). 18 hours of testing in two days. Andre left at 5:30 each morning and didn't get home until around 8. Draining, but he felt really good about it. Now we just have to wait until October for the results.
In other news, Rhett got his first professional haircut and aged 10 years overnight
Thursday was our first family time together in months (no exaggeration). We went to the water park where Rhett turned into a daredevil and insisted we go down the big water slides over and over. It was a blast. He was terrified of the toddler slides but loved the big slides on our laps--toddler logic, man.
Thursday was also our anniversary, so we dropped Rhett off at a friend's and enjoyed a four course Italian meal (thanks, Groupon). Andre practically had to roll me out of the restaurant, but it was so good and so nice to actually spend some time together reflecting on five (!!) years and talking about the future.
Together! In daylight! and the silly face phase has begun
Friday was a blur of wedding prep, a family party where I thought it would be a good idea to make a Lightning McQueen cake (it was actually pretty fun and Rhett loved it, but holy cow, it took forever), and family time that ended with us collapsing on the couch with Netflix.
The cake that turned everyone's teeth pink. So. much. food coloring.
Saturday was Chelsea and Cody's wedding and it was beautiful. Sure, I had put off hemming my skirt until an hour before we had to leave and the weather was scorching, but other than that it was great. The sealing was magical, my wedding date was a stud, and Rhett rocked the dance floor with his new girl of the moment, Gwen, Cody's niece. We laughed, we danced, we soaked in the love. A good (and long) day.
We belong on a Mormonad that says "Eternal Marriage! It's great!" Also, you know life is good when you seriously have to ask the question "how many jumping pictures is too many jumping pictures to post in a week?"
The cutest little boy in a bow tie, the studliest grooms-dude, and the most beautiful bride
The brothers played their ukuleles and sang for Chelsea and Cody's first dance
DJ Dre
Rhett was a ring bearer for the ring ceremony and obviously took his job very seriously. He was so proud of himself.
Rhett and Gwen rocked the dance floor and were seriously the last ones out there.
Needless to say that by the time Sunday rolled around, we were in our pajamas by 6 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...