Wednesday, January 27, 2016

angel grandma

My sweet Grandma Treasure passed away unexpectedly on January 10, and the world lost one of the best people it's ever had. I can't say enough amazing things about my grandma because she is seriously one of the biggest role models in my life. She was loving to everyone and treated everyone like they were the most important person in the room--she would always make room for you to come sit by her and hold your hand as you chatted and laughed together. She was sweet, kind, hilarious, fun, smart, hard working, inventive, caring, and so much more. Every single grandchild is convinced they are her favorite (but we all know it is really me).
A total beauty her entire life.
Some of my best memories are playing grum with her late into the night (she was a sneaky cheater but lots of fun), putting together puzzles and watching Jeopardy, getting the sweetest cards in the mail for different holidays, and the smile that came through the phone whenever we talked. And her hugs--oh those hugs. You felt safe and loved and happy with her hugs.
Our last picture together on our trip to Washington in June

The funeral service and the entire weekend in Vancouver was unlike anything I have ever experienced. It was perfect, just how Grandma would have wanted it, and I could definitely feel the Lord's hand in so many things throughout the weekend. All 28 grandchildren were there, as well as hundreds of family and friends. The stories shared perfectly captured everything about her personality and the love she showed. We got to laugh and cry as a family, and I had strong impressions that Grandma is in a better place, working hard, and that she is so happy to see the family she left behind together. I am so comforted by the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation that I will be able to see her again. I can't wait for another hug from her in heaven!
(Almost) all the grandkids with our sweet Grandpa
My grandpa recited this poem from memory to put in the funeral program. I had never heard it before, but I couldn't think of a more fitting poem for Grandma.
A highlight of the weekend was definitely seeing my sisters and Natalie and meeting baby Scott!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...