Friday, October 16, 2015

friday favorites.

When I read Andre my list of favorite things, I realized how inconsequential these things are. Sure, there are bigger fish to fry, but these things just bring so much joy. Current favorites:

My new favorite podcast is Hidden Brain. 20 minutes on interesting physiological/social science is perfect. The student/teacher episode is particularly on point.

We're a little behind the times, but we just bought Pandemic and are obsessed. Every night after Rhett goes to bed, Andre and I look at each other and say "wanna play?" before we get swallowed up with work. But if we could play all day, we would.

We got flu shots this week, and Rhett looked at me afterwards and said "Thanks for being so brave Mom". It made my heart melt, but when did my two year old get mature enough to be a pseudo-therapist?

The Happy Thursday Cruiser Ride makes its way past our apartment every Thursday night--a herd of bikes with glow sticks, costumes, music, and people shouting "Happy Thursday". It's everything about Boulder at once and we love it.

We're getting a Cafe Rio within a five minute walk of our house. This is equally amazing and horrible news (for my tastebuds and my wallet, respectively).

Fall weather has been killing it lately. Crisp mornings, gorgeous afternoons, and sunlight streaming through the changing leaves. Perfection.

I bribed the kids in primary with these cookies and they were a serious hit. Skip the walnuts and add chocolate and white chocolate chips instead. You're welcome.

Also on repeat: The Vitamin String Quartet Pandora station (always), the Hamilton Soundtrack (be still my nerdy soul), and The Great American Food Truck Race on Netflix (the perfect background to cleaning the kitchen).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...