Sunday, June 7, 2015

whole 30 week 1 in gifs

This week André and I embarked on the Whole 30...no grains, dairy, or sugar for the entire month of June. Just meat, lots of veggies, and a little fruit. I think we're crazy.
The Whole 30 is a roller coaster of emotions, so there's no better way to showcase it then through gifs:

Before:
I was a serial snacker with a serious sweet tooth

The night before we started, we binged our chocolate Jo-Jos to get rid of the contraband. This may have been a bad decision as we started the next day with a cookie hangover. 

Day 1 was great. I ate all the veggies and started analyzing my eating habits. Because after 12 hours I was clearly an expert.


Days 2 and 3 brought amazing sleep. This Whole 30 thing isn't that hard and totally worth it!

Unfortunately, it didn't last, and by day 4 I'm a wreck. Food just doesn't sound good.


I'm ready for a nap by 10 am

By Day 5 my patience is gone. It's Friday--where's my weekend treat?

I'm making Rhett's lunch and am tempted to eat it all and make him eat spinach instead.

Luckily, I remember a bag of peaches in the fridge to tide me over.

On the morning of day 7, I'm seriously considering if this is worth it. But then my skirt fits great and I feel great and I'm all like...

1 comment:

  1. I want to hear how this goes for you guys! I love that you are real and not all preachy, like "this is the best thing I ever did and I feel amazing! It's not hard at all!" But power to you! This is how we should eat all the time... it's just so dang hard.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...