Thursday, October 16, 2014

a day in the life

I've been meaning to do this for a while, and finally got around to it. It might not be that interesting to you, but I think someday I'll look back and laugh at how I spent my days with a one-year-old. So sorry for the overload, but stalk away. Here is a typical day in my life:

5:45am: The alarm comes way too early, but I've learned that I feel so much better if I can get a few things done and be showered before Rhett gets up. I exercise, read scriptures, and shower just in time to get Rhett from his crib.
6:50am: We take André to the bus (pray on the way because we're running late again) and discuss current events and our schedules on the way. The morning drive is a favorite moment together, and the mountains are especially beautiful this morning.
7:10am: Rhett and I read stories, then it's time for breakfast. I try to get some work done for my social media clients while Rhett gets picky about what he wants to eat (today he's all for cheerios and zucchini muffin but not a fan of pancake)

8:00am: I get ready while Rhett plays in destroys the bathroom. We play, then I try to squeeze in a little piano practice for the choir, but Rhett decides he wants to play too. He's quite the prodigy.

8:45am: We're out the door to check out a sale before we go to the library. We score some good deals and make it to the library just in time. Rhett loves story time and Miss Abby.
10:00am: Home from the library, we sing a song and Rhett takes a nap. I head downstairs to work. Nap time is precious for meeting those freelance deadlines and trying to cross things off my to-do list. Today I'm writing about commercial garden hedges and editing pieces on parenting.
12:30pm: Rhett's awake and it's time for lunch! We gobbles grapes like it's his job.

1:15pm: We head out for our daily adventure--getting out of the house every day is so important for our sanity. Today we are running a few errands and checking out a new park. Rhett is a maniac and gets in everyone's business. He loves it and I love that he loves it.
3:30pm: Home for a snack. Rhett plays while I throw dinner in the crockpot. Then it's time for a few stories and nap time.

4:00pm: Work time. It's earnings season, so the editing load should be a lot heavier than normal, but tonight is fairly tame.

5:30pm: Rhett wakes up and eats dinner in between editing assignments. Somewhere in this time, I work, eat dinner, and Rhett plays.

7:00pm: I sign off from work and we go pick up André from the bus. We chat and play while he eats dinner, then it's bedtime for Rhett: brush teeth, read books, scriptures, song, prayer.

8:00pm: André studies and I work, but that soon deteriorates to "work" (as in the kind of work you do with an episode of Parks and Rec in the background), catch up on blogs, email, and do a little online shopping.

9:30pm: We're done for the night and officially exhausted. It's Chuck time, so we watch an episode but I fall asleep for the last 10 minutes and André has to wake me up and fill me in. A glamorous life, people.
10:45pm: In bed and it feels so good! We are seriously turning to old people with an early bedtime.

1 comment:

  1. so much love for this. but also, what is happening to everyone that used to stay up tilll all hours aka all of us. we are all going to bed in the 10s these days! my former self is so ashamed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...