Friday, September 19, 2014

district reunion

On the list of things I never thought I would get to do as a mom (at least not for a long time): fly by myself, go on a business trip, blend in with the commuting types. But I got to do all that (and more!) with my trip to DC this week.

Cliffnotes: I got a job as a freelance editor for an investment firm and they wanted to train my in person for a few days. Perks: it's a great job, I got pampered with swanky hotels and delish foods, and I even got to see my sister+fam. Not too shabby.
Good omens on the flight.
When you travel solo, you end up taking a lot of selfies. I call this "Art Gallery Self Portrait"
and first day of work selfie.
I felt like I was cheating on Good Stuff with a trip to Shake Shack but I had to see what all the hype was about. Verdict=fabulous. And running into an old college friend outside was as weird as it was great.
Also, a stair stepper in my hotel room. You better believe I took advantage of that (mainly just to say that I did, but you know)

It was fun to be back in one of my favorite places and realize how familiar it felt. If you want to feel renewed in America, visit DC. (I seriously did a few mental fist pumps while visiting the American Art Gallery. 'Merica). I loved visiting the Bodens, and especially loved coming back to my sweet boys at home!

2 comments:

  1. you love dc. i love dc. let's move there and get a trendy darling little duplex. also, congrats on the job! ps shake shack is probably my most-oft pining-over item of food. it is just SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. that is the greatest idea! also, you should know that of all the people in the world, i ran into jon lewis (cinnamon tree jeep boy) outside shake shack. crazy!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...