Thursday, June 20, 2013

pregnancy brain

Before experiencing it myself, I thought pregnancy brain was a myth and a scheme by pregnant women everywhere to be forgetful.

Oh how wrong I was. Pregnancy brain is real. Very, very, disturbingly real.

For the sake of my posterity, here is a sampling of some of my finer moments:
  • Last week I was inches away from squirting toothpaste, not mousse, on my freshly done hair
  • Taking three wrong turns on my short drive to work and circling the (half full) parking lot three times before picking the perfect spot. This has happened more times than I would like to admit
  • Milk in the cupboard, cereal in the fridge. At least I quickly realized my mistake.
  • Once I brought an orange to eat at work that I somehow lost and then found later in the day, all the while not remembering if I had already eaten the orange. Turns out there were two oranges floating around the office and I only ate one.
  • Sitting in a work meeting and fiddling with a waterbottle I thought was mine. It was fine until I went to take a sip and my boss casually asked if it was mine. Turns out it wasn't. I still get made fun of.
  • I normally pride myself in being good with names, but it has all gone out the window with pregnancy. We've known each other for years? Sorry if I blank on your name for a few minutes.
Pregnancy is definitely a humbling experience...less than four weeks left!

1 comment:

  1. So so true. I was so good at never forgetting things and always knowing where everything is, then I got pregnant...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...