Oh how wrong I was. Pregnancy brain is real. Very, very, disturbingly real.
For the sake of my posterity, here is a sampling of some of my finer moments:
- Last week I was inches away from squirting toothpaste, not mousse, on my freshly done hair
- Taking three wrong turns on my short drive to work and circling the (half full) parking lot three times before picking the perfect spot. This has happened more times than I would like to admit
- Milk in the cupboard, cereal in the fridge. At least I quickly realized my mistake.
- Once I brought an orange to eat at work that I somehow lost and then found later in the day, all the while not remembering if I had already eaten the orange. Turns out there were two oranges floating around the office and I only ate one.
- Sitting in a work meeting and fiddling with a waterbottle I thought was mine. It was fine until I went to take a sip and my boss casually asked if it was mine. Turns out it wasn't. I still get made fun of.
- I normally pride myself in being good with names, but it has all gone out the window with pregnancy. We've known each other for years? Sorry if I blank on your name for a few minutes.