Thursday, July 5, 2012

'Muhrica

^go ahead, say it like George W Bush, I dare you.

We had a splendid 4th of July. It is a very rare occasion to have a day completely free of school or work for either of us, so we had to take advantage.

We started the day with a walk/hike up the canyon. Let me tell you, living a block off the parade route is insane (people were camped out since Sunday), so it was nice to get away from the crazy. We could have made some money off our parking spot, but we did get to enjoy the parade for about 5 minutes when we got back.

After a lunch of free things (my husband is a champ--free tacos and root beer floats? sign me up!), we headed to Colonial Days, which was much better than imagined. I even got to sweat my way through a traditional dress. I felt like Felicity the American Girl doll!...and André got put in the stocks.

We ended the day with a BBQ, games and watching the fireworks with a group of friends and of course I forgot to take a single picture. But it happened. And it was great. Happy birthday, America!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...